A job application is the first step in our professional life and a cover letter is the introductory part of it. A standard and attractive cover letter is the first impression of your presence to the authority. You have to compose your cover letter carefully and attentively maintaining the required data, usages of authentic words and phrases, and grammatical correctness. A simple and single mistake in a cover letter can destroy your opportunity to be considered for the selected position. So, you need to be more careful about it.
We know that there is another one major part of job application-CV or Resume. Well, i agree on this point. But the authority is going to check your job cover letter first of all in the selection process and later, the CV will be considered . So, would you like to ignore it?
Of course not!
In this regard, i have composed a common format of cover letter for job application that may be useful for you in preparing a professional cover letter to submit with your CV. Besides, many interested candidates become confused of preparing an excellent and effective cover letter for their expected job post.
So, let’s have a look on it…
Cover Letter of Job Application
Format of Cover Letter
(Name of applicant)
(Address of applicant)
Cell Phone: ………………… E-mail: ………………………
25 March 2014 –(Date of application)
The Chairman –(Head of the organization)
National Development Ltd. –(Name of the organization)
12/3 Mirpur, Dhaka. –(Address of the organization)
Application for the position of a marketing manager. (Name of the Post)
In response to your job advertisement published in the ‘The Daily Star’ (name of the newspaper) on 23 February,2014 (date of publication), I would like to apply for the position of a marketing manager. (Name of the post).
I understand from your advertisement that your organization needs young and dynamic people for working in your business team (Name of the sector) for your newly launched project. You will note from my enclosed CV that my education background as well as the part time job assignments during last couple of years through which I have had exposure and hands on experience in research and promotional techniques make me an ideal candidate for the position.
I believe working in a reputed organization like your one will provide me excellent opportunity for my career growth in the area of your business (Name of the sector). I am confident that if provided the opportunity to serve your organization, I will prove myself an important asset for your organization through my dedication, sincerity and highest level of professionalism.
I would request for an interview at your convenience. For any query, you can reach me at my mobile-017220174155 (Cell number of applicant) You can also e-mail me at:firstname.lastname@example.org (Email Address)
Md. Sarowar Parvej (Name of applicant)
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Required copies of Photographs
3. All Certificates on Academic result and Experience
- Please use your own information in each place of the ‘(—————–)’ marked part in application.
- Replace the information used in the places such as: ‘(Date of application)’, ‘(Head of the organization)‘, ‘(Name of the organization)‘, and ‘(Address of the organization)‘ with the original information given on the advertisement.
- Write the name of your required post for which you are applying in the place of ‘(Name of the Post)‘.
- Select your sector type where you are applying and put the name in the place of ‘(Name of the sector)’. For example, it may be business sector, educational sector, or technical sector.
- Finally, put your contact information such as phone no. or email no. and at last the ‘Enclosures’ part must be included though there is nothing of those in this document but this indicates that the cover letter is presented with available information and documents which are required.
Here, i have published a sample of job CV or Resume also. You might check that if you need. I hope, this will help you to compose your cover letter successfully. But if you need any help on this topic ”Sample of Cover Letter of Job Application”, you can inform me easily on official Facebook Page “Artistic English“.
Thank you very much.